Here are some statistics based on research that highlight the importance of following up sales leads quickly:
- According to a study by InsideSales.com, the odds of qualifying a lead drop by over 400% if a salesperson takes more than five minutes to respond.
- A Harvard Business Review study found that companies that responded to leads within an hour were seven times more likely to qualify the lead than those that waited longer.
- A study by LeadResponseManagement.org found that the average response time for B2B companies to follow up on leads was 42 hours, but companies that responded within an hour were 60 times more likely to qualify the lead than those that waited 24 hours or longer.
- A study by the Kellogg School of Management found that buyers are more likely to purchase from companies that respond quickly to their inquiries.
- A study by Drift.com found that 78% of customers buy from the first company that responds to their inquiry.
These statistics demonstrate the importance of following up sales leads quickly. Companies that respond promptly have a higher chance of qualifying leads, converting them into customers, and gaining a competitive advantage in the marketplace.